Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY 2013!!

Happy 2013!!  It turns out we were right about that Mayan calendar being cyclical, eh?  So, we're still here and it's that time of year when we make promises to ourselves that we hope to keep throughout the year.  There are the blaringly obvious ones, like get in shape, that I hope to work on and am always happy to have a companion!  But this year there are things I'd really like to change in my life.
Alex and I would like to buy a home this year and that will require a great credit score from both of us so we can get a first home that we love.  What I need to do is work on being that responsible adult I see in many of my friends.  Yes, we are all young at heart and should stay that way, but I would like the security of knowing that I am doing everything I can to prepare us for a bright future.  That includes going back to school, getting on top of any debt (however small) without hesitation, and making healthy choices.  School will take a lot of work and that responsible adult I hope to be, but it will also be enjoyable even at its most difficult times.  According to our credit score we are doing pretty well so far, Alex just needs to create more of a credit history (my handsome foreigner!).  It's the healthy choices that will be a lot of work.  It's not only nutrition and exercise that I need to work into my daily routine, but also not letting outside factors effect me internally.  More than anything I need to get out of my head.  I use the word routine loosely as it's been difficult for me to find daily routine in the struggle of unemployment.
In the quest for being a grown up I hope to keep my blog updated.  I hope.  :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful not-too-hungover first day of 2013!  (The first year since 1987 to have 4 different numerals in the year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment