Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 10-11

Yesterday was a dark, gray morning.  It was windy and raining.  All I wanted to do was stay in bed and sleep till summer.  The night before I had stayed up too late, having fun, but I knew it was time to get out of bed.  So I, grumbling, got up and pulled on some leggings and my new colorful tanktop, bright socks, and sneakers.  That little moment of excitement over a pop of color in my life was exaggerated by the morning number on the scale.  Yay, the numbers are actually going down!  Happily imagining swimsuit season (for the first time in my life) and the possibilities of the future, I made myself a lovely breakfast, grabbed my water bottle, and headed out to meet my work out buddies.  My face fell a little when I opened the door to the blustering chill of the day.  God, did I want to go back to bed as the wind whipped rain at me like freezing knives.  But, you know what?  I went and I worked out anyway.  It was really hard, but afterward I felt amazing!
Today was more of the same, rain and wind darkening the sky.  Down pour and floods in the streets.  I was up late with a book and felt so tired.  But I did it.  And I'm glad I did.  Today we did an hour and a half of yoga, and with some advice from my mom I ended on a much more positive note this time.  I felt more cleansed and stress-free.  And it was really hard, and each time I try to push myself harder and try to ignore the pain, but as we go I can feel a little more stretch or a few more reps and I know I want to keep doing it.  I want to be flexible, strong, and most importantly:  healthy!
The bottom line is, it would be so much easier to not work out.  I could sleep in late, stay up late reading, and do whatever I want.  But the truth is that there is so much time in the day one hour is nothing.  60 minutes of time.  And If I work out in the morning it makes me keep going through out the day.  Instead of eating junk food and sitting, I feel inclined to clean and do chores.  I take my time making a healthy meal instead of getting take-out or fast food.  And it all makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing, for myself, for once.  And it's been a long long time since I've felt like that.  This has been a long time coming.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Stacey! I am so proud of you, and glad you're feeling great physically and mentally. Can't wait to see you! Greta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greta!! I'm looking forward to summer! Can't wait to see you too!!

      Delete